Recognize this sweet boy that taught hundreds of campers how to ride?
It’s hard to express in words how much camp means to me, but I’ll do my best, so bear with me.
Camp is home, my happy place. Camp is family where being related by blood doesn’t matter, but love makes family.
Camp is everyone not being afraid to just be them, be nice, to form relationships that don’t occur out in the real world. To just be and not be judged, but to be accepted. Camp is everyone forming these beautiful bonds that tie us together forever.
I talk to my camp friends throughout the school year more than I talk to my school friends most of the time. There’s no worry about not being accepted, no debate over whether or not you can be yourself.
Ten Things I Love at Coppercreek:
1. The cabin family that becomes very close in only 14 days
2. Mornings at the barn with all the horses and horse lovers
3. Rest hour! I miss my 1:00 naps
4. Family hour! It includes anything from and intense game of SPOONS to lounging lazily on the cabin porch with friends
5. Saddle club with just Alex, Emma and me.
6. Capture the flag!!
7. The ropes course! I loved the challenge of the VPG which included swarming (harmless) ants.
8. The camp “bubble.” Camp is its own little world full wonderful people!
9. Art. The favorite afternoon activity (besides the pool) for warm days
10 Reasons I love Coppercreek Camp
1.) Horses Horses Horses
2.) Kids that love Horses Horses Horses
3.) Waking up on a porch or in a cabin
4.) Making Best Friends
5.) Pine Trees
6.) Getting funny tan lines
7.) Being outside all the time
8.) Always having great people around