Hey everyone! My name is Leo Daverson and I’m from Chico, California. This will be my 10th summer at Coppercreek, but my first as a Counselor. I’ve been a camper, CIT, Trekker, and a JC. I hope to make sure everyone enjoys camp as much as I have!
I’ll be running the drama activities so you’ll probably find me down at the campfire stage!
I’m looking forward to seeing you all at camp this summer!
2017 Dinner and Dance Themes
- Silly Hat Night
- Down On The Farm… cowboys, cowgirls, barn animals and more!
- Under the Sea… diving for schools of fish, blue ocean water, sharks, and even Sponge Bobs!
- Halloween Party
- 4th of July
- Prom Night… Dress your counselors up for their night at the prom!
- Hippy Night! … bring your tie-dye, peace symbols, bell bottoms and daisies!
- Fantasy Land!… Fairies, witches, goblins, unicorns, superheroes, and more! Use your imagination…
- Super Hero Night… Dress your counselor as your favorite super hero!
- Twister! … The whole cabin can come as a twister board!
- Neon Highlighter Party… Dress as bright as you can be!
- Space Adventure… journey through cabin group solar systems, aliens, black night skies, and galaxies of stars
- Candy Land!
- Royalty… Calling all princesses, princes, kings, queens and knights in shining armor!
- Holiday Party… dress as your favorite holiday!
Hey everyone! My name is Sera and this will be my second year at Coppercreek! I am super excited to see everyone who is coming back again this year, and looking forward to meeting all of the new campers!
I chose to work at Coppercreek because I love to work with kids! I have been working as an afterschool teacher during the school year for the past two years now while I’m in school to get my teaching credential, and thought that my free time during the summers would be well-spent at camp.
In general, I am a very active person; I especially love hiking and biking, and this last spring break I tried surfing and snorkeling for the first time. I am looking forward to going on hikes at Mount Lassen and mountain bike rides with you all this summer!
You will also find me at various other activities at camp, including lifeguarding by the pool, assisting you at the ropes course, maybe leading yoga a time or two, and going on lake trips!
I am so excited for warm summer nights, goofy campfire songs, camp dances, and all of the wonderful things that make camp, camp! I look forward to seeing you all!
Hi Everyone! My name is Jasmine Olvera and I’m from Las Vegas, Nevada. This will be my first summer with Coppercreek Camp and I’m very excited to see what this summer holds for us!
I am currently attending the University of Nevada, Reno, as a Biology major and Spanish Translation minor. I love spending time outdoors, exploring the areas around me, and almost anything to do in the water!
I enjoy trying new things and I can’t wait to meet you and explore with you this summer!
Hi everyone, my name is Arelly and I’m proudly Mexican, I live in a city called Puebla. I’m studying Restaurant and Hotel Management and I will be working in the kitchen. I’m really excited to be part of this experience, I have visited the U.S before but this is the first time that I travel alone. I have always wanted to visit California and I’m really looking forward to meeting you all.
I like to try new things and learn as much as I can. I’m a huge fan of sports; I used to play football soccer before I went to collage; now I only work out at the gym mostly because food is awesome.
I’m planning to make an internship in Spain after the camp is over in a hotel near a vineyard, which is one of my passions. Hopefully I will be traveling a lot.
I love music, reading, and drawing, dogs and all kinds of animals. I enjoy seeing other people happy, that is the main reason why I picked my career, to make people feel like they are home. Kids are fun and there is so much we can learn from them. Some day I will like to work with Asperger and Autism kids.
I like to hang out with people that know things that I don’t and learn from them.
Can’t wait to be there!